In the neighbourhood
Situated in Constantia Valley, nestled under the Constantiaberg Mountains and easily accessed via the M41 and M42, this area’s special feature is its Forest reserve. Tokai is named after wine-producing hills in Hungary.
The Forest reserve was the first in South Africa to implement a reforestation plan, out into effect in 1883. Due to this, large parts of the Constantiaberg Mountains are covered in pine trees.
We are in close proximity to:
- Steenberg Village, Constantia Village, Blue Route and Cavendish Shopping Centres.
- Westlake and Steenberg Golf Courses.
- Westlake Business Park.
- Bridle paths and nature trails.
- World-class restaurants.
- Blue Route Shopping Centre.
- M3 motorway (easy access)
- Cape Town CBD (20 minutes drive), airport and superb beaches.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
Tokai offers a 24 hour medical centre, an exclusive wellness centre, numerous excellent restaurants, horse riding and stabling, and superb bed & breakfast and guest houses not to mention the choice of two superb golf courses (Steenberg and Westlake).
Mountain biking, walking and mushroom-picking are all activities that attract nature lovers and can be enjoyed in the Tokai Forest. The Tokai Forest Arboretum, established in 1885, is a national monument and has a variety of trees including large Californian Redwoods and Oaks. A fairly steep walk to Elephants Eye Cave on the mountain is well worth the effort for the panoramic views it affords.
Our local vineyards are well worth a visit to sample the wines of the Constantia Valley. Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens are but 10 minutes away, with Table Mountain and the Waterfront a mere 20 minutes. We have two championship golf courses practically on our doorstep, with the magnificent Newlands Rugby and Cricket Stadiums 10 minutes away. If eating out is your pleasure, we have in excess of 30 specialist eating places, including international award winning restaurants, within 5 minutes drive, and our nearest major shopping centre is a 2 minute drive.
- car hire (less than 20km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- lake (less than 5km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)